My Spring 2023 Anime Journey | All the Anime I Watched this Season

× Contains Spoiler!

spring 2023 anime journey, spring 2023 anime review, anime review, april anime review

As always, this anime season has been a fire too, with many good anime of varying genres releasing. Unfortunately, I couldn't watch all of them and even missed out on the biggest anime hit of this season (which I regret) due to some reason (I'll talk about this laater on). But, I did catch on to some great anime airing this season. Let's talk about them in detail.

Anime that I Started this Spring With...
I started this spring with some great anime that I found catchy, also, making the spring anime list for you all also helped me find some great anime. Below is the list of all the anime that I started my spring with, seasonal and sequels combined:-


Anime That I Dropped Later On...
Now, I'm going to say one thing which some of you won't like about me and say that I'm weird (that I am) but I used to force myself to watch some shows which I should've dropped, some of which I started liking towards the end, but some I didn't until  the last episode. So, this season (and the season earlier) I decided to drop the anime which I can't bring myself to watch after 4-5 episode. And, this season there were 3 of them.

1 The Galaxy Next Door
The Galaxy Next Door Review
I included this anime in my spring 2023 anime list, as the synopsis and cast looked appealing to me, but, it wasn't worth it. I watched 5 episodes of this anime, and I can say this anime isn't for me. First of all, for a non-comedy and only romance anime, the plot was too cliched. The characters didn't quite left an impression even after watching 5 episodes and the pace was somewhat... I don't know, it was quick at some point and too slow at some. Anyway, you can give it a watch if you want, it's just my personal opinion.

Rating: 4.3

2 TONIKAWA season 3
TONIKAWA season 3 review
I watched the first season when it came out and I was just a beginner anime watcher at that time, and this even might be my first rom-com anime. And, my taste in anime has quite changed since then so it might be the reason that I didn't like the second season even a bit. I watched 6 episodes, sorry, I forced myself to watch the 6 episodes because I considered this anime as my favorite rom-com anime. But, at the sixth episode, I realised that I'm not enjoying this season as I did the first, so I dropped it. And, I don't quite like rom-com when the main characters confess their feelings for each other and goes into relationship (some exception are there).

Rating: 5.1

3 Insomniacs After School
Insomniacs After School review
I decided to give this anime a try because I thought the main characters would be introverts, but I didn't expect this. I watched 5.3 episodes and then I dropped this anime because it wasn't quite my type. Character style was good but still, it didn't appeal to me.

Rating: 4.1

My Review on New Anime this Season...
As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't watch the greatest hit of this season, Oshi no Ko, because I thought it was an idol anime (I didn't bother to look at the genre and synopsis, yes, I judged the book by it's cover). Nevertheless, I did catch some anime and, here's a ranked list in the order that I likd them:

#8 Skip and Loafer
Skip and Loafer review

Being on the end of list doesn't mean that this anime is not good, it is that's why I took the liberty of completing it. This is a simple romance, slice of life without much comedy, but still it's somewhat good. Yes, I didn't like it much but still it was good enough to make me start the episode.


#7 My Clueless First Friend
My Clueless First Friend review

This was a surprisingly good anime for an anime to have kid main characters. I quite liked the plot and characters. It might not be a great watch for one sitting but it was good to watch weekly. Although, many might find it not good enough.


#6 Hell's Paradise
Hell's Paradise review

You must be surprised to see this anime this down on list, as this anime is considered a part of the Dark Three (other two being
Jujutsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man), but the plot and specially names are quite confusing for me. I didn't like the main character also and it just... didn't clicked with me. It might be just me though.


#5 Kubo-san Won't Let Me Be Invisible
Kubo-san Won't Let Me Be Invisible review

Kubo-san didn't air this season, I mean it did, but not completely. It aired last season, but for some reason it went on hiatus (or what do they call it) after 6 episodes, and next 6 episodes aired this season so I'm including this here too. I quite like anime like this, has a perfect balance of comedy and romance. Although it was cliched at times, but the comedy element cancels it. So, no worries. Also, it's a part of the Golden Trilogy of the New Gen Rom-Com Anime, and it lives up to it.


#4 Heavenly Delusion
Heavenly Delusion review

I don't usually like post apocalyptic anime like this one, and the comedy seemed forced too at the starting, but as I kept watching, it kept getting good and good. The twists were mind blowing and that one twist completely left me flabbergasted. From then on, I realised this anime's potential and even added it on my manga list. 


#3 The Dangers in My Heart
The Dangers in My Heart review

Another one of the 
Golden Trilogy of the New Gen Rom-Com Anime, this one is my favorite (we'll see after the last one come out). This anime was exceptionally a great rom-com anime. From the very first episode, I liked this anime very much. I don't know what element I liked of this anime, but I like every single episode, specially the one where they were exchanging Line ID. MAAAN! This episode made me realise the potential of this anime. This is truly the pinnacle of rom-com anime. It made my eyes teary, with happiness. It was truly a blessing man, a blessing.


#2 Loving Yamada at Lv 999!
Loving Yamada at Lv 999! review

It's also a rom-com anime, but it's different than Kubo-san and Dangers in my Heart. First of all, it has adult cast, though not everyone. It has a Wotakoi vibe to it, maybe that's why I liked it so much. The story is good and also, the art work and the little details added to each episode amplifies the fun. I had fun watching every episode, I used to watch them at night in peace.


#1 MASHLE: Magic and Muscles
MASHLE: Magic and Muscles review

Alright, this is the time for #1 of this season. This is also an anime for which I have been waiting from the time it was announced. And the wait was totally worth it, I like every bit of this anime from main characters to side characters to plot and power system and world building. And most of all, the comedy. This anime deserves the #1 on this list in my opinion. You should give it a try too, it's totally worth it, believe me.

Also, the summer season has started today with many great shows coming out this season, that you don't wanna miss out. So, click here to get the list of anime that you should watch this summer.

Post a Comment

0 Comments