Demon Slayer Season 3 Episode 1 | Demon Slayer: The Swordsmith Village Arc Episode 1

Demon slayer, kimetsu no yaiba, demon slayer season 3, kimetsu no yaiba season 3, kimetsu no yaiba season 3 episode 1 review, demon slayer season 3 episode 1 review

Hey Hey Hey Hey!! One of the best anime of this season is OUT!!! Seriously, I love Demon Slayer. This anime was my 3rd anime, and one of the reason I started watching anime. Even my #1 character is from this anime, Agatsuma Zenitsu (more on why he's my favorite anime character later). This blog is gonna be long, as the episode was a 1-hour special one and also I'll write my heart out. Also, there will be spoilers too, but of course you are here after watching the previous two seasons, right? So, tighten your seatbelts!

Kimetsu no Yaiba, popularly known as Demon Slayer is one of the most famous new gen anime, and also one of the best. No matter what anyone says about it being overrated, it isn't. And I'm not saying this because this anime was my one of the earlier anime, I'm stating facts here. Based on the manga by Koyoharu Gotouge, the anime first released back in 2019. Though the manga is over (sadly), it will still take some time to fully adapt the manga. I'm not giving you the summary of the series as this is the review of the first episode of third season so you shouldn't be here if you haven't watched the previous two seasons. This season will adapt the Swordsmith Village arc of the manga, and sadly, there won't be much screen time (there will be none) of ma boi Zenitsu and Inosuke :(

So, shall we start the review?!


Episode Summary

nosuke, Tannjiro, Zenitsu and Nezuko together in Entertainment District after the fight
The episode starts with Kakushi Goto finding Tanjiro and others in what remained of the Entertainment District. He notifies other about it. Then we see Kagaya Ubuyashiki relieved to hear that they have finally taken down an upper moon after over hundred years.
Akaza demon slayer, akaza infinity castle, akaza upper three standing in the infinity castle
The scene then cuts to Akaza being brought to the Infinity castle. He at once notices that an upper moon must have been killed. Now, the animation of this scene was just TOP-NOTCH.
Infinity Castle scene demon slayer
I mean, you would get too why Ufotable is unrivaled at animation. I was awestruck the entire Infinity Castle scene. So, coming back to the story. In infinity castle, we see all of the remaining five of the upper moon gathering in the infinity castle on the command of Kibutsuji Muzan.
Akaza falling in the Infinity Castle demon slayer
We get introduced to all of the Upper Moons.

  • Upper Five - Gyokko
  • Upper Four - Hantengu
  • Upper Three - Akaza 
  • Upper Two - Douma
  • Upper One - Kokushibo
Muzan was disappointed by the death of Gyutarou, the Upper Six. He was shown doing some stuff with chemicals, I didn't read the manga so I don't know but he did mention Blue Spider Lily, which I think is something important. There again, I was awestruck by the animation quality of Ufotable, Maaaaaaaan~! I mean look at them yourself.

The astonishing animation of Demon Slayer

The astonishing animation of Demon Slayer

The astonishing animation of Demon Slayer

There was also some internal strife between the upper moons. Akaza seemed pretty pissed of by Douma, so he attacked Douma several times. Though, on second time he was scolded by upper one, Kokushibo. 
Kokushibo being introduced in the anime
Akaza also challenged Kokushibo and claimed that he would someday kill him. Gyokko tells Muzan that he has some information. Muzan sends Hantengu and Gyokkko somewhere. Then everyone vanished from there, going their own way. 

Akaza and Kokushibo facing off in infinity castle demon slayer

The scene then cuts to Kanao breaking a vase, surprised by the waking of Tanjiro from his two months coma.
Kanao surprised on Tanjiro's recovery demon slayer

Kanao smiling on Tanjiro demon slayer
(I shall commence my simping now)

Then we get introduced to the fogotten hero, Goto Kakushi. Tanjiro wakes up after two months, and finds out that everyone is already awake. Zenitsu was already out on a mission (against his will of course) and Inosuke... umm... I guess I'll leave this to you to watch. Tanjiro got healed in no time and was already almost recovered. But, he was missing one thing. His sword, which Haganezuka still hasn't sent. So, he goes to the Swordsmith Village to meet him in person. And, look at this.
I mean Ufotable is just flexing their animation budget at this point. Just what is this godly transition? Anyways, Tanjiro reaches the Swordsmith village, and there he was told to meet the chief. Now now, As you guys must know already, I'm also a human being, and a male at that so, you guessed it, YES. Indeed I was also waiting for the famous bath scene.
Mitsrui Kanroji bath scene demon slayer season 3
After meeting the chief, he was going for a bath, that is where he meets Kanroji Mitsuri, easily on of the best girl in Demon Slayer, and cutest too.
Mitsuri Kanroji running down the hill to greet Tanjiro demon slayer

Mitsuri Kanroji happy on the mention of food demon slayer
Yes, call me simp if you want but you gotta admit it too that Mitsuri indeed is cute. After meeting with Mitsuri, Tanjiro goes for the hot spring, where he meets Genya Shinazugawa, brother of Sanemi Shinazugawa, the wind hashira.
Genya Shinazugawa in the hot spring demon slayer

Yes, he's the one we saw in that ceremony and also in the opening of season one. After taking bath, Tanjiro eats dinner with Mitsuri. You remember I told Mitsuri is "one of the cutest" and not "the cutest"? That's because the cutest is this babygurl!! (I'm 16 FYI).
Nezuko Kamado playing with Kanroji Mitsuri

After everything is done, Tanjiro was about to go to bed, that is when Mitsuri tells him about her departure. She also informs Tanjiro about a secret weapon that will make him stronger.

Kanroji Mitsuri telling Tanjiro about the secret weapon

The next day, Tanjiro goes into the jungle to search for the weapon. There, he finds a person. This person turned out to be another one of the hashira, the Mist Hashira, Tokito Muichiro. But, wait... there's someone else standing there. Who could this person be? Huh? This person has same earrings as Tanjiro?!?
The Mysterious person with Muichiro Tokito demon slayer, Yoriichi


Personal Opinions
Personally, I enjoyed this episode very much. The reason I'm posting this so late is because of my internet, I couldn't watch this episode the other day. And also, I wrote quite much, that's partially the reason too. Overall, this episode was perfect. Really good episode. Even though it was 50 mins long, I didn't feel it. 50 minutes were over before I knew it. Demon Slayer is probably my #7 anime, and you can guess why it's so. Though, I'm really disappointed that we will not be getting Zenitsu moments for next 2 years, until next season comes. 

Rating: 9.9/10

Post a Comment

0 Comments